The K2 Server Cabinet is our 24" wide series. Designed to compete against the highest quality, American made server cabinets in the industry, we focused on durability, versatility, and unique aesthetics. Here are some key points:
Server Cabinet Frame
- Primarily 14 gauge steel and 100% welded.
- Mounting rails are fully adjustable from front to rear, with easy twist knobs for loosening and tightening the rails, and a laser cut track system for easily sliding the rails forward and backward.
- Front posts are recessed for easier accessibility and cable management just inside a closed front door.
- PDU's can be mounted at 90 degrees or 30 degrees for less rear equipment obstruction.
- Cable pass-through holes and perforated metal for cabling attachment are abundant and strategically placed throughout the cabinet frame.
Server Cabinet Front Door
- Reversing the swing of the door can be done in seconds due to welded hinge pins in all four corners, and a 2-point latch positioned in the center of the door.
- Insert-able perforated panels, opposed to welded or formed perf, can be printed on, powder coated different colors, and exchanged for plexi.
- Durable swing handle can be replaced with combination lock swing handle
- Perforation has a 64% open pattern, which provides the perfect balance of breath-ability and security. Higher percentage open can be purchased, but is not recommended.
Server Cabinet Rear Doors:
- Split rear doors, requiring less space for maintenance in the hot aisle.
- 18 gauge metal with 64% open pattern, giving max breath-ability and security.
- 2-point latching system, creating more rigidity from the top to the bottom of the doors with latched and locked.
- Flat surface, allowing for versatility in branding.
Server Cabinet Side Panels:
- Bolt-On Side Panel: A simple and inexpensive 1-piece side panel option that allows cabinets to be fastened together, while creating a secure divider between each cabinet.
- Latching Side Panel: A simple but easily removable and locking 1-piece side panel.
- Hinging Side Panel: An innovative vertically split side panel option that allows the doors to simply hinge open, optimizing access inside the cabinet from the end rows or with stand alone units. These panels are lockable, removable, and brand-able!
The K2 Network Cabinet is our 32" wide series. Utilizing the same frame as the 24" Server Cabinet, the Network Cabinet was designed to be versatile and cost efficient. The space dedicated for cable management is vast, allowing for more organization and easier maintenance. Here are a few key points:
Network Cabinet Frame:
- Expanding Side Panels: A custom bracket system is used to both latch and hinge the side panels. These brackets can be produced at different lengths, allowing for the cabinet to house more or less cabling along the sides of the fully welded interior framing. In this case, the standard Network Cabinet brackets expand a 24" unit to a 32" wide unit.
- Recessed Front Frame Posts: When routing cabling from one cabinet to another in the front, there are no obstacles or obstructions behind both closed or open doors because of our recessed frame posts.
- Perforated Front Posts: Vertical cable managment is very easy to attach due to a hole pattern that has been punched out of the front cabinet posts. Cabling can also be tied down directly to the metal without having to purchase any cable managment products.
- Perforated Horizontal Frame Members: Just like the front posts, the horizontal frame members are also perforated, allowing for cabling to attach directly or to use cable managment products.
Network Cabinet Front Doors, Rear Doors, and Side Panels:
- Sharing the same style doors as the Server Cabinet, all of the same features apply, except the width varies depending on the length of the side panel brackets that are used. Our standard Network Cabinet front door is 32" wide, and the back doors are 16" wide per door. The side panel options are exactly the same, though the Hinging Side Panels may come in handy when running a lot more cabling from front to back.
The K2 Colocation Cabinet is one of the most versatile split level cabinets in the world. Like the Network Cabinet, the Colocation Cabinet also shares the same 24" Server Cabinet frame, allowing you to move the top or bottom customer out, swap out double doors for single doors, and keep renting that cabinet out to a single customer without ever having to move the cabinet! Here are the key points:
Colocation Cabinet Frame:
- How do the Colo frame and Server Cab Frame share? The interior splits in half with a highly secure bolted in shelf that extends from the front doors to the rear doors. The front and rear doors are swapped out with double front and double rear doors. The rear PDU section in the top half of the cabinet is covered by highly secure steel chutes for dropping power and network cabling down to the bottom half of the cabinet. Instead of 4 adjustable equipment mounting rails, there are 8 adjustable equipment mounting rails.
Colocation Front and Rear Doors:
- There are a total of 4 doors per cabinet, 2 Front and 2 Rear. Each door is identical and includes a swing handle with a single point latch. These doors are designed to similarly match the full Server Cabinet doors, which comes in handy for situations where they may be lined up together in a single location. Just like the Server Cabinet and Network cabinet doors, the perf is removable, allowing for design flexibility or plexi. Combination lockable swing handles are available upon request.
Colocation Side Panels:
- This cabinet utilizes the same full size solid side panels that are available on the Server and Network Cabinets. No channels for power or network cabling are needed for these side panels due to the steel chutes that are bolted into the rear of the cabinet, feeding down to the bottom section.
K2 can think outside the box with the best of them. Height, width, depth, front doors, back doors, side panels, frame, hardware, and color are all customizable with K2 Racks. You present your ideas to our talented industrial design staff, and we can develop a new product that caters to your needs. Here are a few examples of our ability:
- Sliding side panels for easy access when space is tight
- Hinging side panels for even easier access on end rows
- 30 Degree PDU's for a more organized cabinet
- Sliding side PDU's for more adjustability and more cable managment space
- Center latched front door for easy reversability
- Sliding roof panels to control air flow more easily
- 20U, 42U, 45U, 51U, etc...
- 24", 27", 32" Wide
- 45" Deep
- Tubular and Sheet metal steel designs
No matter the design, K2 offers a turn-key solution from to design to production.
No one brands data center cabinets and cabinet accessories like K2 Racks! We do not use wrap or any type of material that requires adhesive. All K2 custom branded products are first powder coated, then digitally printed. That's right, we print directly on the part. K2 has a unique technique when it comes to this process, even utilizing our high capacity wood shop to help replicate a high resolution when printing on the metal with each and every new design.
- BUILD AND BRAND:
- We build it and you brand it - Whether it's a 1 color logo, or an full color image, we'll work with you to design a cabinet exactly the way you want it to look. For a flat fee per design of $500, we'll do just a front door or an entire cabinet with front, back and the sides.
- Our Cabinet - using our existing designs, K2 has all of the information necessary to quickly print and deliver a custom branded product to you.
- Your Cabinet - using your existing cabinets, K2 can engineer, produce, and print on new panels or doors that replace what is on an alternative brand of cabinet in your facility. If it involves cutting, welding, powder coating, and printing on metal, we can do it.
- Printing on Perforated Panels - Want to print on your front and rear doors without sacrificing breathability? Only K2 Racks has created a solution to print over the perforation (industry standard 64% open), and yes, the image is very visibile!
- Margin Cabinet Images - When printing across a row of cabinets, K2 can either print a single image per cabinet or print one image across multiple cabinets. See Mr. Albert under "front doors" in the Custom Branding section.
- Branding Accessories - Beyond exterior cabinet paneling, K2 also brands blanking panels and any other accessory that could use some marketing flare.
From vertical to horizontal cable management, airflow management, and hardware options, K2 Racks can offer it all. Our metal blanking panels are completely tool-less, and claimed by our customers to be the quickest installing blanking panel's in the world. By having a wire manufacturing department, this enables us to get creative on vertical finger managers and horizontal waterfall managers. When it comes to hardware, our standard locks are EMKA, the highest quality enclosure locks available. Combination and keyless locking mechanisms are available. Standard casters and levelers are true 2500 LB capacity.